HR Benefits Coordinator (Queens College)
Queens College actively seeks a HR Benefits Coordinator. Reporting to the HR Benefits Specialist duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Timely completion of all benefits-related forms and applications for retirement/pension, health and wellness, and leave management
- Accurate coding/entry in the State Payroll System, CUNYfirst, and unit spreadsheets and logs for all status, and deduction changes.
- Field and resolve employee questions electronically, in person, and by telephone, and properly escalate issues as necessary to the Benefits Officer
- Assist and/or conduct New Hire Orientations, and provide benefit counseling to employees upon termination/separation
- Advise and process all employee medical leave requests in accordance with CUNY Leave Policies (FMLA, Paid Parental Leave, and Dedicated Sick Leave).
- Assist employees with general retirement/pension related issues and education (Defined Benefit & Defined Contribution Pensions, Tax Deferred Annuities, and Deferred Compensation)
- Track and log Workers Compensation, and Unemployment claims and requests
- Process Transit Benefit enrollments, changes and updates
- Provide information gathering, analysis, and support for the Benefit Officer for all reports and projects assigned by the Central Office and affiliated plan providers
- Maintain and foster good vendor management relations
- Assist the Benefit Officer with development and roll out of year round employee seminars and events
- Maintain the Benefits Unit calendar, and appointment scheduling
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Working Knowledge of New York City Health Benefits system
- Knowledge of Excel, MS word and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Working experience with retirement and health insurance plans and related rules and regulations
- Successful candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an urban and diverse environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers employee benefits programs for faculty and staff, assists in overall benefit administration, and provides employees with information regarding benefits.
- Counsels and assists staff on employee benefits matters
- Conducts workshops as part of new employee orientation on benefits matters
- Administers selected benefits, such as COBRA coverage
- Serves as a liaison to insurance carriers, retirement systems, welfare funds, and University Benefits office
- Coordinates benefits processing in Payroll systems and other University systems
- Prepares reports for College administration
- Assists in updating materials and web pages for employee use
- Maintains accurate, confidential employee records
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Benefits Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (16522)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
May 16, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: HR Benefits Coordinator (Queens College)
Job ID: 16522
Full/Part Time: Full-Time