Cashier (P/T), CP3N33013AR
To assist in the processing of cash transactions in the Cashiers Office.
Position Title: Cashier (P/T), CP3N33013AR
Duties of Position:
- Process all student payments for tuition, fees, fines, premium parking pass purchases, transcripts, and verification requests
- Process all payments for non-student receivables (AR Type 20) and other miscellaneous non-billed receipts (NARD)
- Process Sponsorship payments
- Balance cash, checks, and credit card receipts to daily Cash Receipt Session Control totals and file all receipts
- Process petty cash reimbursements
- Disburse student financial aid refund checks and paychecks to staff and faculty
- Manage account restrictions for CASH holds (Library, Athletics, Public Safety, and Finance)
- Cash employee personal checks
- Handle extensive phone contact with students and staff to resolve problems on accounts
- Post police citations and process payment of fines
- Print registration statements upon request
- Post admission fee payments to student accounts and mark the student record as accepted
- Post tuition payments received from Continuing Ed, Registration and Suburban Law Enforcement (SLEA) to student accounts
- Understand and explain debits and credits on student accounts
- Extend accounts for students receiving various types of aid, grants, and scholarships (Presidential Scholars, WorkNet, Department of Rehabilitation Services, 529 Plans, etc.)
- Open and sort mail
- Process Registration, Human Resources, Field Studies, and various other departmental requests for extensions, refunds and holds
- Print student account statements (ARSP) requested by students (tax purposes), Records Office (subpoenas), Veterans Affairs (agency billing), and Financial Affairs (collections and bankruptcies)
- Alert students of holds on their accounts
- Reimburse vending machine losses and record transaction on log
- Prepare petty cash reconciliation report for Accounts Payable for replenishment of funds
- Assist AR Team Leader with training of new cashiers
- Work collaboratively with other cashiers as needed
- Assist students with enrollment in the payment plan and understanding the agreement terms
- Assist the AR Coordinators with collection of past due accounts
- Process Illinois Debt Recovery (ILDR) deposits and payments to student accounts
- Count and verify the Cashier II daily bank deposits
- Process employee jury duty checks
- Process student health science application fees and program deposits
- Process student credit balance transfer requests
- Re-bill student accounts as needed
- Research account billing and payment history to obtain proof of debt documentation
- Assist with the opening and closing of the office
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
Ability to handle cash, PC, microfiche, fax, telephone manners, problem solving, customer service, good understanding of college policies and procedures, communicate with students and staff. One year. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
High School graduate.
Previous experience as a cashier with PC experience.
High School graduate.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, telephone, ten key calculator, microfiche, copy machine, and FAX machine.
Enclosed Cashier area.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Financial Affairs & Controller - FIN
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt