Administrative Assistant III (PT), CPRN12225ECC
Support the Center Manager, staff and Childcare Assistants with various administrative duties necessary to the smooth operation of the center.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III (PT), CPRN12225ECC
Duties of Position:
- Assist Manager in ensuring the security of the Center by working at the reception desk during hours when the Manager is not in the Center; maintaining PROX Card records of enrolled families.
- Handle phone inquiries about the Center from the community and College students, taking messages from enrolled families.
- Handle paperwork and database relating to registration of new families.
- Maintain children's Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) files.
- Maintain staff DCFS files.
- Post tuition checks and provide statements for enrolled families.
- Copy and distribute various materials for teachers or families.
- Various word processing duties for Manager or staff.
- Communicate problems with Early Childhood Center (ECC) to facilities.
- Assist College students in their observation and participation in the ECC, especially by being available during their orientation period each semester.
- Assist teachers in children's classrooms in an emergency. Because of this duty, the Administrative Assistant must have a high school diploma, minimum of six (6) hours of Early Childhood Education and must pass a DCFS background check and submit a DCFS health report. Confidentiality is a high priority.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Must meet child care director qualifications set forth by Illinois DCFS.
Shall be at least 21 years of age.
Shall have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED).
Shall have earned sixty semester hour of credit from an accredited college or university with 18 semester hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development; or be qualified through alternative means allowed by DCFS.
First Aid and CPR Certification must be maintained yearly.
Good typing and data entry skills, accurate filing skills and detail oriented. Proficient in spoken and written English.
Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. First Aid and CPR Certification must be maintained yearly.
Customer service experience. Familiar with Microsoft Office. Good typing and data entry skills, accurate filing skills and good telephone skills.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Office equipment including computer, laminating machine, fax, multi-line telephone, fax, printer and copier. Early Childhood Center equipment and appliances both indoors and on the playground. Stove, refrigerator, microwave, washer and dryer and dishwasher. VCR, DVD and CD player, video and digital camera and audio tape recorder. Fire extinguisher, health equipment needed by children (asthma nebulizer, etc.), toys that require manual dexterity, outdoor water hose, mop, broom, dustpan and first aid materials including thermometer.
Early Childhood Center Office. May also work in Early Childhood Center children's classrooms or playground. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to easily get up and down from the floor or small children's chairs when working with children.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the College.
Department: Early Childhood Center - ECC
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt