IT Security Analyst - Splunk
**Key Words: Security Analyst, Risk Analyst, Splunk, Infrastructure, Engineer
Strategic Staffing Solutions is searching for an IT Security Risk Analyst with Splunk experience!
We are recruiting for a Fortune 500 Company and YOU could be their next hire!
Not available but know someone with your similar experience....
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Title: IT Security Analyst - Splunk
Role Type: W2
Location: Saint Louis, MO 63103
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
How to Apply: Reference JO# 121080.
IT Security Analyst - Senior is a key member of the Information Risk Management team performing information security related Splunk design, configuration and operational services. IT Security Analyst - Senior will act as a liaison between Information Risk Management, the Splunk management team, and application development teams.
• Create a data dictionary template guiding application support teams through the documentation of event IDs and related data fields.
• Author application parsers; where applicable, leverage existing data dictionaries to assure complete and efficient parsing
• Guide application support teams through log preparation efforts (location, format, file type) as they migrate to Splunk
• Determine appropriate alarming thresholds for security events with application support teams
• Author and test alarm events with relevant stakeholders
• Support Splunk 'tuning' efforts as needed; Identify 'license waste' (misconfigurations, verbose events, etc.) and mitigation plans; deploy mitigation plans as required
• Configure Splunk agents and forwarders to limit events by criteria such as IDs, originating OS, device type, size, and /or rate of occurrence
• Perform a general 'system health check' of the current Splunk deployment
• Guide the prioritization of Technical Add-ons (TAs)
• Support the deployment, configuration and testing of technical add-ons within Splunk and/or client side
• Represent the Information Risk Management organization as a technical contact
• Guide the successful completion of major projects functions; as needed, provide a peer leadership role
• Other duties as required throughout the engagement
• Minimum 3+ years of relevant working experience deploying and configuring Splunk
• Minimum 3+ years authoring Splunk alarms, parsing log data, configuring TAs
• Strong understanding of information security principles
• Preferred infrastructure engineering background plus familiarity with network architectures
• Experience with application development a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities a must
• Strong written communication and technical documentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams to project/activity completion and the ability to work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities
• Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve
Strategic Staffing Solutions prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 25 years experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. We are a full service IT firm, with 25 major market locations and is a privately held, financially strong, woman owned company.
St. Louis, MO
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 06:45:48 PDT