We are hiring a Data Analyst for a Contract position in Denver, CO
The Data Analyst will identify and formally document business requirements for healthcare data analytics and reporting initiatives.
This position requires a full understanding of healthcare data (e.g. membership, claims, clinical and provider data).
The Data Analyst position requires a full understanding of healthcare practice management and a solid understanding of Business Intelligence solutions and Data Warehouse methodologies. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for establishing solid data requirements for the National Data Warehouse (NDW) program. This position will report to the Manager, Enterprise Information Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings, to effectively gather requirements and create clear documentation of Functional, and Non-Functional Business
- Work with the project team (both technical and business) to ensure requirements are accurate, clear and understood by those participating in the project.
- Participate in validating data and conducting QA functions.
- Assist in profiling data using the Informatica IDA toolset.
- Analyze requirements and document Source to Target Mappings, ETL processes and crosswalks.
- Help define acceptance test objectives, test cases and assist in system and integration testing.
- Assist in evaluating software change requests, which may involve conducting root cause analysis to confirm business need for changes and alternatives.
- Work closely with end-users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and document issues and defects.
- Provide timely, comprehensive verbal and written status reports.
- Partner with IT and Business teams to capture, track, and resolve data and reporting issues.
- Use, protect, and disclose patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- 5+ years of Data Analyst experience.
- Understanding of the CMS capitation model and the required datasets that support it.
- Excellent listening and documentation skills.
- Experience documenting detailed requirements, design documents, and workflows in support of BI or sophisticated reporting capabilities.
- Ability to build trust and create a strong working relationship with business customers.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data from multiple data sources in Oracle and/or MS SQLServer
- Full understanding of the Agile methodology and the ability to participate in daily scrums and sprint planning.
- Experience with data quality and profiling tools, Informatica IDA preferred.
- Driven by a fast-paced, energetic, results-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse and reporting terminologies, ETL tool skills a strong plus.
- Ability to work with data warehouse and BI developers in formulating recommendations, strategies, and tactics based on analyses.
- Ability and willingness to wear multiple hats in a fast moving team, i.e. Data Analyst, QA analyst, Business Analyst
- Must be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated self-direction with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- 25-30% Travel Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar required.
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:26:54 PDT