Staff Development Specialist/UKHC
The Staff Development Specialist will serve to meet enterprise-wide clinical nursing education requirements, including general nursing orientation within nursing services including, but not limited to inpatient, ancillary and ambulatory areas. This position provides the necessary oversight, guidance, education and skills to oboard new clinical nursing staff and management of ongoing competency and professional development of nurses.
The University of Kentucky recognizes the sanctity of the relationship between the health care professional and the patient. Therefore, all UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to the following UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards:
• Customer Centered - A customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday.
• Service Focused - Being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers.
• Quality Driven - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve.
• Resource Wise - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success.
• Growth Oriented - Attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare.
Staff Development Specialist/UKHC
Staff Development Specialist/Ambulatory Services
H3270:Nursing Practice and Support Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), or active compact state RN license that is in good standing.
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Primarily day shifts, 8-4:30pm but other hours as needed to cover the needs of the department.
Teaching and Learning knowledge base
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous experience within Nursing Staff Development or education preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter