Technical Support Engineer
- Functioning as a primary customer contact for all incoming and assigned customer cases.
- Providing telephone, web, and email based technical support for Minerva Networks products and integration of those products in our customer's environment.
- Participate in the shared on-call responsibility with the rest of the North American support team. This is a 24/7/365 responsibility and thus includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Re-creating customer problems and testing customer configurations in-house to help diagnose problems
- Coordinating and driving activities within Minerva to address customers' needs
- Escalate customer issues and request assistance as appropriate.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant product offerings, partner products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery in order to quickly provide technically accurate and complete solutions.
- Constantly seek to proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all processes, communication, and documentation.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to perform duties on-site.
- Linux operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
- Must be a flexible team player that is willing to jump in to help others wherever necessary.
- Proven track record of positive customer interaction.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- 5-7 years of experience in field services or technical support
- Knowledge of at least one of the following
o Web based client/server applications, especially Weblogic, Web Services and Apache
o Experience supporting iOS and Android Apps
o IP networking, routing configuration and protocols.
o Oracle or Microsoft SQL RDBMS
BSEE/BSCS or equivalent work experience.
Minerva Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, nation origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran's status or disability.
Minerva Networks, Inc. is the leading provider of open-platform, carrier-class solutions for the delivery of television services over broadband IP networks. Broadband network operators worldwide use Minerva's products and services to deliver next-generation TV entertainment and services. Minerva is a privately held corporation, headquartered in Alviso, California with sales, support, and development offices strategically located throughout the world.
San Jose, CA
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:34:56 PDT