We are hiring a Project Manager for a Contract position in Denver, CO
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Lead, plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables, goals, and milestones; adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
o Create strategies for risk mitigation and project contingency planning
o Design and maintain technical and project documentation
o Identify and resolve project issues; ensure appropriate communication to project stakeholders
o Develop project plans and team assignments
• Direct and monitor daily work of teams including progress toward goals
• Identify resource needs and secure as needed
• Provide day-to-day direction and oversight for project engineering team
• Monitor, review, and/or escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
• Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
• Participate in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
• Assist customers remotely over the phone using remote control software or in person
• Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
• Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
• Travel required: up to 25%
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
o Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate and stakeholder needs
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
• Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
• Ability to lead, motivate, and direct a workgroup
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
o Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
o Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
o Approachable and open
o Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
• Demonstrated willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment required
o Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates with confidence in work processes and goals
o Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
• Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
• Demonstrated presentation and persuasion skills
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:26:06 PDT