Talent Acquisition Partner
The Talent Acquisition Partner/ Senior Recruiter is responsible for consulting and partnering with hiring managers to understand, develop, and implement specific recruiting strategies and processes.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop strong partnerships with business units and hiring managers and become a trusted advisor throughout the hiring process - from defining the role to closing the candidate.
- Provide consultative guidance to hiring managers regarding job analysis and position description development, including identification of required knowledge, skills, and professional competencies to develop job postings, candidate profiles, and selection criteria.
- Consult with hiring managers and Director, Talent Acquisition and Development to develop and implement effective recruitment and sourcing strategies for both active and passive talent that contribute to the University's talent objectives, including our commitment to an inclusive and diverse learning environment.
- Conduct all aspects of full, life-cycle recruiting including: sourcing candidates, conducting phone interviews, assessing external/internal candidates against job profiles, applying behavior-based/competency-based interviewing techniques, to assess candidate knowledge and cultural fit for staff and management positions, as needed.
- Provide guidance and tools to managers (including faculty search committees) throughout the search process, including how to conduct interviews and extend offers.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained during all phases of the recruitment process, including equal employment opportunity statistics, and is in compliance with state and federal laws, contractual obligations, and university guidelines.
- Recruit from and/or conduct job fairs, as needed
- Ensure job requisitions and descriptions are completed, accurate and approved prior to posting an open position. Assists hiring managers with creation of requisitions as needed.
- Post all open positions that are being recruited for on intranet, external web page, job boards, and social media platforms to ensure qualified and diverse candidate pool for positions.
- Ensure candidate's background meets requirements on job descriptions by screening applications and resumes prior to submitting to managers, as needed.
- Review applications, background check results, and references and notifies supervisor of any potential conflicts before authorizing managers to make an offer.
- Facilitate the creation of offer letters, obtains required signatures and mails and emails to potential job candidates.
- Maintain effective customer service by meeting regularly with Hiring Managers to discuss their talent needs, candidates identified and in process, as well as opportunities for improvement in recruitment strategies and processes.
- Serve as the functional lead for applicant tracking module of our HRMS, working in close collaboration with the HCM Data and Systems Analyst for all system enhancements and issues.
- Cultivate pools of diverse potential candidates for future openings.
- Refer searches to external employment agencies and manage vendors, as needed.
- Other projects related to talent acquisition and development as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience working in Human Resources within the public, nonprofit, or higher education sectors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with full-cycle recruitment processes, including sourcing and candidate pipeline development.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills with the ability to work within a team and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates seamlessly across various stakeholders, builds trust as a recruiting expert with hiring managers and candidates; demonstrates respect for colleagues
- Shares knowledge and best practices with teammates; experienced in coaching hiring managers as needed
- Oriented towards change and continuous improvement; demonstrates an ability to adapt and embrace new technology, process and tools
- Naturally curious and focused on understanding new trends in the recruitment industry
- Customer Oriented; understands issues from customer perspective, takes a consultative approach to solving customer needs; clarifies objectives and is seen as a critical team player
- Demonstrated ability to assess candidates, to identify gaps and investigate concerns along the way; Highly-developed interviewing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws applicable to the hiring of employees, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including the internet, social media, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups/associations, and job fairs.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Display a mastery of Social Media to establish a wide network of providers in order to generate an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Emphasis in recruitment/talent acquisition functions in previous experience.
Stevens Institute of Technology
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.