Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Human Resources/Project Manager
Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Human Resources
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Vice President for Human Resources and performs a wide range of complex duties with the highest degree of skill, confidentiality and judgment. This individual will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Vice President including, but not limited to: extensive scheduling and calendar management; preparing briefings and materials for high level meetings and events; project management; drafting and managing correspondence and communications; conducting research; coordinating committee meetings, and assisting in the resolution of complex, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters.
To be successful, the Executive Assistant must be proactive, have exceptional attention to detail and be adept at problem solving. He/she must be fully capable of working independently on projects, from conception to completion, and capable of working under pressure on a wide variety of activities. This role requires frequent interaction with executive-level associates within and external to the university and incumbent must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. He/she will be proficient in maintaining a balance among multiple and sometimes competing priorities. He/she will be asked occasionally to navigate HR policies and, where appropriate, direct employees and managers to proper HR partners and/or policies and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage an active calendar of appointments; ensure that the Vice President is updated in advance on daily activities which includes preparing and gathering of meeting materials and providing the status of ongoing projects and activities. Track, anticipate, and prepare for upcoming deadlines, events, and agenda items that require action by the Vice President.
- Compose and prepare correspondence including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Assist with preparing presentation materials; conduct data analysis and collaborate with functional areas to prepare, review and deliver written materials and presentations for the Vice President.
- Manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities effectively; resolve matters expeditiously, proactively, and diplomatically; and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Work independently overseeing the distribution and processing of inquiries, including the preparation of response letters and informational materials. Support the Vice President in maintaining on-going relationships; respond to calls from the President, other university officers, Deans, faculty, staff, students, and outside vendors and agencies; provide advice, recommendations, make referrals, and resolve inquiries.
- Maintain effective organizational systems that include planning, scheduling, tracking and communicating work in progress; manage files, archives and contact information for key constituents; handle incoming requests via telephone, email, and mail and determine the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provide skilled support on a variety of strategically important special projects and ensuring appropriate milestones and measurements are monitored and tracked.
- Manage and maintain the Human Resources webpages on Stevens' official website.
- This role operates in a dynamic, results-driven, fast-paced environment with regular exposure to confidential data and situations requiring discretion, tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Minimum five or more years of experience in administration with at least three years directly supporting a senior executive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment is required.
- Grace under pressure; Strong professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee details, compensation, benefits and employee issues. Strong sense of integrity.
- Experience managing projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders
- Technical Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and OneNote.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships; ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellence.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, and the highest level of customer service and response; ability to interface with all levels across the entire organization.
- Results-oriented and a self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to
identifying solutions with minimal support and direction.
- Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and
- Demonstrates initiative to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Works collaboratively and collegially as part of a team.
A successful candidate will be at the center of the team and will be part of the glue that helps our team operate efficiently, effectively and happily. This role is for you if you are organized, energetic, self-motivated, and would like to strongly contribute, learn, build, and be challenged.
Stevens Institute of Technology
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.