Evening and Weekend Operations Coordinator
Working Title: Evening and Weekend Operations Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Office of the Dean of Students
Posting Date: 03-30-2017
The Evening and Weekend Operations Coordinator oversees the evening and weekend facility and audio visual operations for the Office of the Dean of Students Newcomb Centers & Services. The position works closely with student organizations, university departments, community representatives, and internal colleagues to coordinate preparatory and day of event management for one-time and ongoing programs/special events.
The Coordinator oversees the evening and weekend student staff to ensure that rooms and AV are ready for events. The position will also ensure that Newcomb Centers & Services customers receive extraordinary customer service.
The Evening and Weekend Operations Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Events & Operations. The weekly schedule for this position is 3pm - midnight, Tuesday - Saturday.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public facility management/operations
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer
needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Ability to operate audio visual equipment and platforms. - Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Ability listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to work the weekly schedule for this position: 3pm - midnight, Tuesday - Sunday.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80603