Clinical Research Trainee
Working Title: Clinical Research Trainee
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Neurology
Posting Date: 03-17-2017
The Department of Neurology at the University of Virginia is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to serve as a Clinical Research Coordinator, Trainee or Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed to support clinical research studies. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with and/or conducting clinical research studies and trials, ensuring the highest quality; ensuring all regulatory requirements are met; and managing all aspects of the studies. They influence the long term goals of clinical research studies and processes.
Qualified candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree or higher. To be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator, Trainee level, two years of experience in a healthcare, laboratory, or research setting preferred but not required.
To be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed level, candidates must have at least one year of applicable research-related experience. Two years of experience is preferred.
Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification is required within one year of eligibility.
Must have the ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously; ability to interact with patients, family, physicians and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees; sophisticated written/verbal communication skills; competency managing complex projects; meticulous attention to detail; knowledge of clinical research, human subjects research ethics, and IRB procedures; proficient knowledge of medical terminology and proven ability to work independently or as part of a team, as well as the ability to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required. Experience in EPIC and database systems is preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to follow set laboratory policies and procedures.
2. Ability to adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work. Basic knowledge of clinical research.
3. Ability to independently research topics.
4. Demonstrated thoughtful and appropriate oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Ability to follow directions and work effectively as part of a team.
6. Ability to keep records and manage confidential data.
7. Basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
8. Ability to adapt to changes in research procedures.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81392