Working Title: Carpenter Senior
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 03-17-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Carpenter Senior supports Facilities Management's goal of providing consistent, cost effective, and reliable maintenance and service to the University facilities and providing safe working conditions for Facilities Management. The incumbent will be responsible for repair of buildings, hanging doors and setting windows, cutting and framing openings. The Carpenter senior performs interior and exterior trim work, shop repairs and builds cabinets, work tables, bookcases, door repair, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Considerable knowledge of all aspects of carpentry methods, tools, and materials; of basic math, and of units of measure.
2. Considerable skill in the use of hand and power tools.
3. Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow blue prints, sketches and specifications; to follow written and oral instructions and to maintain accurate records; to perform manual labor; to work from heights.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and guidance.
5. Ability to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis during emergencies. Ability to work an adjusted schedule as needed to meet deadlines
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81390