Student Systems Developer
Posting Date May 20, 2016
Position Title Student Systems Developer
Vacancy # V-1165
Department Enterprise Application Services
Division Information Technology
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Montclair State University (MSU) is implementing a host of new applications and technologies, including new Finance (PeopleSoft), Student (Banner), and HR (WorkDay) systems, to enable our rapidly growing campus and academic programs. We are recruiting for a number of positions to strengthen the IT team supporting this environment.
Under the direction of the Director, Enterprise Application Services for Information Technology; performs the most complex analytical activities associated with the Enterprise-wide Banner projects, requiring specialized knowledge and skills. Will serve as Office of Information Technology support specialist for student applications. This position may also be asked to assist with any of the third party products that are purchased to interface with and compliment the Ellucian Banner Administrative Systems. Performs requirements analysis and technical planning in the design and implementation of secure applications. Audits and analyzes systems performance, stability, and security measures and makes recommendations for hardware and software upgrades. Performs related duties as assigned, necessary, or requested by management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• A demonstrated technical understanding of the business process mandated by administrative systems and their interfaces is essential.
• Knowledge of principles and concepts behind applications analysis, design analysis, project planning, resource estimates, thorough testing and debugging, implementation and documentation.
• Proficiency in programming and database techniques for complicated and extensive applications which interface with multiple other administrative systems.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with critical deadlines and changing priorities.
• Ability to think clearly and accurately resolve processing problems under pressure.
• Able to translate advanced technical issues into understandable terms for non-technical functional users.
• Understands underlying dynamics of a situation and adapts communication accordingly.
• Consults with the Director, Applications Management to perform and/or assist the technical support staff in the installation and deployment of applications according to baseline security measures and appropriate operation and functionality practices.
• Develops programs, command procedures and scripts to enhance the functionality and manageability of supported systems.
• Evaluates program goals, operations and performance as required; develops and implements alternative procedures to improve performance and meet program objectives.
• Consults with the Director, Applications Management on the most unusual problems or policy matters.
• Maintains integrity and appropriate confidentiality in Institutional and program operations.
• Contributes to the preparation of studies and reports containing findings and recommendations for the implementation of application software to meet the needs of the various users.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication and cooperative working relationships with the Institutions administrators, faculty and staff, government, and private agencies in order to accomplish the objectives of the Information Technology Division.
• Develops appropriate communication with user community to insure transfer of operational, procedural, and policy information.
• Works with the project managers and internal clients to develop plans and verify requirements for software applications that generate the need for changes in the information technology infrastructure.
• Serves on ad hoc and standing committees as required.
• Performs other functions consistent with the job title as necessary and as directed by the Director of Applications Management.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. However, applicants with extensive experience in the related field will also be considered. Or equivalent industry experience.
• Five years of professional experience in systems programming.
• Two years of experience in the following:
• Ellucian Banner Student
• SQL, PL/SQL
• Banner Workflow
• Banner Document Management
• Automic (Appworx)
• Cognos reporting
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date July 2016
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.* https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1494/student-systems-developer/job
Apply By Open until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION