This individual will join a team of scientists and engineers at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) to support processing, calibration, characterization, and presentation of science data from NASA space science missions. Duties will entail data analysis, algorithm development, and software development using a variety of tools and techniques. Multiple positions are available encompassing a range of experience levels.
- Implement software for processing, management, analysis, and visualization of scientific and engineering data for space science instruments.
- Apply data analysis techniques and numerical methods to characterize data sets and derive new processing and calibration algorithms and data sets.
- Support scientists in installing and using software tools and with presentation of data sets.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, a physical science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in the design and development of algorithms and software for processing, analysis, and visualization of scientific data sets.
- Strong interest and aptitude in mathematics, numerical analysis, astronomical algorithms, and/or spacecraft orbit/attitude algorithms.
- Experience programming in Python, Java, the Interactive Data Language IDL, and/or Matlab, and the willingness and ability to learn new languages as necessary.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering best practices and associated tools.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Experience processing and analyzing data from space-based scientific instruments.
- Working knowledge of solar physics and/or planetary sciences.
- Experience using software engineering tools, such as Git, Subversion, Jenkins, and Atlassian JIRA.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732269