Didactic & Communications Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
CHA/PA Physician Assistant Program
Didactic & Communications Coordinator (Academic Services Professional)
Position #671031 - Requisition 08859
The Department of Pediatrics, Child Health Associate/Physician Assistant Program is looking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Didactic & Communications Coordinator (Academic Services Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
This position manages various functions related to the didactic curriculum and assists in program communication efforts. Tasks include building and auditing didactic and clinical courses, processing student registration, creating the block schedule, executing the didactic evaluation system, overseeing and implementing processes related to graduation, managing the examination database, and overall assistance to faculty and staff. Projects also include promoting news and events through social media, website management, and newsletter development. This position will participate in special projects as needed, including assisting with admissions functions.
- Administer the course evaluation system (CourseEval) to audit data (ex. student feedback, completion rates, error reports, etc.), including responsibility for outcomes and compiling data so feedback may be provided to instructors and/or Department leadership to promote quality control and better course development.
- Build and audit courses in CU-SIS.
- Evaluate materials provided by course instructors for completeness and determine which content should be included the final course. This role will be responsible to ensuring enough information/criteria is received from the instructor in order to effectively build courses and meet University requirements.
- Assess the needs of students to determine appropriate courses for registration for each term and each class year taking into account individual needs, including Medical Spanish and tracks.
- In collaboration with the Register's Office, register students for courses each term.
- Manage all processes related to graduation, tracking a variety of moving parts associated with the event including coordinating the location, food, chairs/tents; attending graduation meetings with various constituents; tracking registration and regalia orders for students and faculty, etc; and ultimately running the event itself in order to ensure all tasks are seamlessly executed and all associated faculty and staff understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Analyze needs and develop the block schedule for each term for each class year.
- Work with the Academic Coordinator and program faculty to create the schedule of courses for each term.
- Assist in editing program information on the website.
- Create announcements to promote news and events through social media and develop the content for the quarterly program newsletter to enhance communication and user experience.
- Strategize expansion of current communication efforts with the Director of Admissions to better reach students, alumni, and interested individuals.
- Independently evaluate processes in terms of efficiency and quality and implement appropriate changes.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned, including admissions support.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $43,000 to $47,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
Substitution: A combination of education and related professional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Two (2) years of full time experience in administration and/or communications.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience creating written content for newsletters or other publications.
- Experience working with photo editing software and managing website content.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and design safeguards to prevent errors.
- Ability to be effective and proactive in solving problems both independently and as a team, utilizing conflict mediation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Access utilizing forms and creating queries and reports.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Angela Vondra at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin March 17, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20878 - SOM-PEDS CHAP-GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Angela Vondra
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00671031