PRN Nurse Practitioner
As needed, nurse practitioner in a student-based wellness center that treats patients from a variety of age groups with a variety of health needs.
- Responsible for providing health care to patients of the UCCS Wellness Center as directed by nurse practitioner scope of practice and clinic protocols. Assists medical director and executive director with other duties as assigned.
- Triages walk-in urgent health care situations and coordinates with emergency medical responders for safe transport to local emergency rooms if deemed necessary.
- Refers patients requiring care that is beyond the scope of the Nurse Practitioner's practice to the Medical Director or other appropriate provider.
- Works with medical assistant to contact patients requiring follow up care and documents accordingly.
- Ability to effectively document exam findings in a timely manner.
- Position evaluates and treats a wide variety of adolescent/adult patients with a variety of health care needs.
- Completes histories, thorough assessments, and physical examinations on all patients with appropriate documentation reflected in medical records.
- Able to differentiate patient care situations which require acute and non-acute action and responds accordingly.
- Knowledge of best practices when treating patients
- Good interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural, integrated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to interpret lab and radiology results
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $40
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Specialty certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner by a national certification agency.
- Current Colorado licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification
- Prescriptive authority or provisional authority
- Experience working with college aged population
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by 4/3/17 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40226 - AVCAF-Student Health Ctr Oper
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Benek Altayli
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732138