Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The CU School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, has an opening for a part-time (0.5 FTE) research ultrasound technician at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO. The part-time ultrasound technician will play an integral role in the evolving fetal, infant, toddler, and early childhood imaging program being established in conjunction with Children's Hospital Colorado. As part of the Children's Hospital Imaging of Learning and Development (CHILD) Lab, the successful candidate will be actively involved in on-going studies of neonatal and early childhood brain and behavioral development.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling research ultrasounds
- Consenting participants
- Conducting ultrasounds per study protocols
- Recording results of experiments
- Collection, preparation, and analysis of biological specimens
- Attending research meetings
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- BA or BS degree
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound training program or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience conducting fetal ultrasounds
- Demonstrated ability to work with expecting mothers and young children
- Nursing or medical assistant training
- Phlebotomy experience, or willingness to learn
- Up-to-date CPR and first aid training
- Experience with high-risk obstetric ultrasound
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 3494
When applying at CU Careers, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current CV/resume
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20295 - SOM-Radiology
Posting Date: Jan 21, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tim Oakberg
Posting Contact Email: Timothy.Oakberg@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00618908