HOT NEED OF OUR DIRECT CLIENT.
12+ Months, extendable contract
H1 are OK
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is responsible for managing the design, development, implementation, management and support of critical enterprise Business Intelligence reporting processes and environments. Working with cross-functional teams, the specialist will be required to manage and/or lead the project life cycle including gathering, documenting, and approving business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use BI and database tools in implementing reporting solutions to meet business needs. The BI specialist will also be required to manage and lead the designing phase of other solutions to transform structured, unstructured and disparate source data into the target Data Stores/Data Warehouse/Data Marts.
• Perform business analysis by gathering business requirements to recommend proposed BI system requirements.
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications that will be used to drive Data Store/Data Warehouse/ Data Mart design and configuration.
• Use corporate approved extract, transform and load [ETL] tools to load Data Stores/Data Warehouse/Data Marts.
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability, performance and security of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users.
• Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for the supported environment.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
• Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
Skills and experience required
* 8+ Years of experience.
* Must have experience in PROPHIX tool
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.
• Business Intelligence certifications desirable, preferably related to Cognos.
• Experience with SQL performance tuning and trouble shooting is expected.
• Experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems, including :
- Working with users to analyze requirements.
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations.
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts.
- Extensive experience with business layer modeling concepts.
• Proficiency with Cognos BI suite of tools (preferably v10.x) (Framework Manager, Transformer, Metrics Studio, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio, etc.).
• Cognos administration and security management is strongly desired.
• Demonstrated ability with ETL tools. Familiarity with Informatica is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams.
• Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
• Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
• Require leadership qualities to mentor junior members of the team.
Farmington Hills, MI
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:34:37 PDT