Family Medicine Residency Program Associate Director
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Family Medicine Residency Program Associate Director
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado ranks #3 in the United States for its family medicine residency program. The University of Colorado Family Medicine Residency is committed to defining and creating the future of family medicine. The program faculty work to lead in demonstrating what it means to be a caring, effective family medicine physician in the 21st century.
We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) teaching site and have developed Family Medicine Residency Curriculum that builds on a strong base of high quality clinical teach.
The Family Medicine Residency Associate Program Director of Education coordinates curriculum development and evaluation, resident evaluation and remediation processes, residency recruitment, grant development, resident scholarly activities, and residency budget and policy development.
The Associate Program Director of Education participates as a full residency faculty member, assisting the program director in the development of educational strategic goals and research activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
Residency Education Administration
- Develops and coordinates resident curricula.
- Oversees policies and procedures for the residency and collaborates with the residency program director and the residency program coordinator to ensure compliance with School of Medicine, ACGME and ABFM requirements. Prepare reports related to compliance efforts.
- Oversee resident and faculty evaluation processes. As a member of our Educational Progress Committee and Clinical Competency Committee, work to determine strategies for helping residents who are experiencing difficulties and when appropriate, assist in developing remediation plans.
- With the program coordinator, prepare resident rotation schedules including negotiating with other residency programs and practice sites.
- Identify and collaborate with program leadership on grant proposals appropriate to the maintenance and improvement of the residency program. Provide administrative oversight to residency educational grants including budget management, grant evaluation, and progress reporting
- In concert with the Director of Recruitment, assist with the residency applicant recruitment process.
- Assist the program director in developing the residency program operating budget and monitoring the financial operations of the residency
- Working with the program director and other associate directors, provide direction to the faculty and residents on program priorities, areas for improvement, and growth. Organize the annual faculty strategic planning and resident retreats.
- Coordinate the faculty development program. Assist the Fellowship Director with coordination of the Fourth Year Fellowship Program including advising possible resident applicants, coordinating preparatory electives for them, and helping to coordinate the faculty development activities of each fellowship class.
- Participate in the education and training of residents in areas of expertise.
- Assist the DFM in development of faculty development activities.
- Assist the other associate directors with scholarly and quality improvement projects of the residents.
- Participate in educational research and demonstration projects within the DFM residency programs.
For more information on this amazing residency program, please visit:
Successful candidates will have a Master's degree in Education, Healthcare Administration or other related field and at least three (3) years' related experience in an academic medicine environment.
- Doctoral degree in Education (EdD) or other doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- 5- 8 years' related experience in graduate medical education, including familiarity with ACGME requirements.
- Experience in family medicine.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by April 3, 2017. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08870
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma and a statement of teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00674894