Instructor--Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/Department of Otolaryngology
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Position #00008207 - Requisition 08886
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a part-time (62.5%) Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for its pediatric practice at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) in Aurora, Colorado. This position will primarily provide inpatient clinical services, and may be required to provide outpatient clinical services. A 62.5% position translates to five ten-hour days every two weeks, alternating with another Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage 5 days per week. The qualified candidate will be appointed to the rank of Instructor within the department.
- The physician assistant/nurse practitioner is to work under the supervision of the faculty pediatric otolaryngologists to provide primarily in-patient care. Even though this position is primarily as inpatient position, it does not preclude the necessity to perform outpatient services both at the Anschutz Medical Campus and within the Network of Care. The scope of duties includes performing early morning patient rounds, completing discharge summaries, performing in-patient and out-patient consults, and participation in after-hours call responsibilities as needed.
- He/she will be expected to be involved in patient education as well as obtaining surgical consents. Communication with PCPs and other CHCO physicians by phone is also expected.
- He/she will be expected to become proficient in our electronic medical record system (EPIC) and be able to chart, obtain data and use all the communication tools.
- Assist in the education of nurses and medical assistants in the field of otolaryngology.
- Provide administrative support and thorough follow-up to ensure orderly, effective, and superior patient care. This may include the development and implementation of educational materials or protocols for staff and patients.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- Demonstrated ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other Health care professionals.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado PA or NP license.
- Ability to travel and perform services at Network of Care sites.
Knowledge's, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of health care specialists, staff, and service areas.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and adapt easily to change.
- Outstanding communication skills, advanced organizational skills, and compassion for patients.
- Experience in Pediatric or Otolaryngology practice. Pediatric Otolaryngology experience preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency (but not required)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08886
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20264 - SOM-Otolaryngology
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Steve Osswald
Posting Contact Email: Steve.Osswald@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00008207