The Department of Family and Community Medicine seeks a motivated, dependable individual to serve as a Licensed Practical Nurse/UKHC. The LPN will support the ambulatory clinical operations of the Family and Community Medicine Clinic through direct patient care in assistance to department faculty MDs, Advanced Practice providers, fellows and residents. The primary responsibilities of this position include: direct patient care in an ambulatory setting; clinical and clerical support to providers and team; demonstrate willingness to be of assistance and build strong relationships through customer centered care; participate in triage rotations, fielding urgent patient calls; and serve as expert resource in test preps, patient education, and QA studies and reports.
7H460:FAMILY AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
LPN - Kentucky Licensure
Requires lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
Day Shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced work environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you have an active current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license to practice in the state of Kentucky or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as an LPN.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please describe your previous role(s) on multidisciplinary health care teams. Be specific.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a clinical setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe your paid employment experience as it relates to the major job responsibilities of this position (see job summary). Please focus on any experience as an LPN in an ambulatory setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter