Coordinator - Special Events and Affinity Groups (F/T), CFRE50325RESDV
The Coordinator of Special Events & Affinity Groups supports the implementation of programs and projects that strategically and specifically engage annual giving donors, alumni and affinity groups in order to philanthropically benefit the College and the Foundation. This position contributes to meeting financial goals through internal & external engagement to expand annual giving. The Coordinator will plan, manage, and implement special events and activities through the Resource Development Office and the College of DuPage Foundation, including fundraisers, donor cultivation events, and recognition work. The Coordinator will strategically engage and expand Affinity Groups, as well as assist with coordination of Alumni Relations activities.
Position Title: Coordinator - Special Events and Affinity Groups (F/T), CFRE50325RESDV
Duties of Position:
- Work with Director in supporting execution of 3-year strategic plan, along with Annual Fund plan and Alumni initiatives.
- Design and implement efforts to acquire new donors and broaden the existing base of donors supporting the College/Foundation each year.
- Establish and meet goals related to special events (in terms of attendance and revenue). Create and oversee special event budgets.
- Coordinate the development and growth of the Alumni Relations with Director of Annual Giving by aligning strategies and activities with the GG&A Plan, which has been mutually agreed upon and supported by the Foundation and the College.
- In support of the Alumni effort, manage all aspects of the Distinguished Alumni event held in November.
- Support all Foundation events held for purposes of cultivation, recognition and fundraising.
- Coordinates the College of DuPage employee campaign (currently called COD4COD) by working with Co-Chairs and Champions to continue growth & outreach each year, following the 3 Year Strategic Plan developed by the Director of Annual Giving.
- Work with Director of Annual Giving and assess current Affinity Group activities. Identify and compile department lead contacts, a list of annual activities and charitable positioning. Develop & submit a plan to the Director of Annual Giving that creatively expands the engagement of Affinity Groups across campus to further enhance & expand their current activities. Develop solicitation materials relating to special events and affinity group fund raising appeals.
- Participate in planning meetings, accept special assignments, assist colleagues and provide support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- Foundation committee work as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
At least five (5) years strategic fundraising experience with demonstrated success that includes annual giving, proposal writing, scholarship, special events, and donor/prospect research. Proven ability to prioritize, implement, and follow through with multiple, detailed tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Self-motivated, excellent communicator, goal-oriented and a proven level of professionalism to appropriately handle confidential matters.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Philanthropy, Writing, Marketing, Business).
Knowledge of and experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Standard office equipment and software. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Raiser’s Edge are essential.
Office environment; primarily sedentary in nature. Must have car and valid driver’s license.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Development & COD Foundation - RESDV
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt