We are currently recruiting a
Environmental, Health and Safety(EH&S)Specialist/Manager
for a exciting,fast growing firm located in ATLANTA,GA.,(see spec's)if this position could be of interest to you or if you might know someone please contact John Wilson,The Tidewater group
Visit our site:tidewater.org
The Environmental Health and Safety Professionals are responsible for environmental, health and safety compliance and program management for facilities. Provides regulatory expertise to ensure regulatory requirements applicable to the facility are known. Plans, organizes and implements environmental, health and safety activities at the facility and assists in monitoring all facility activities to ensure that regulatory and company requirements are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all management staff and appropriate operational personnel are aware of current and pending regulatory requirements permit conditions and other restrictions imposed by federal, state and local authorities.
• Assist in creating processes that identify, evaluate, and control hazards in the workplace.
• Provide and track training to comply with applicable OSHA requirements.
• Implement and maintain required OSHA compliance programs/processes.
• Provide industrial hygiene support as needed to evaluate employee noise and other health exposures.
• Direct the development and implementation of new environmental programs.
• Assist in the development and implementation of new health & safety programs.
• Manage all mandatory air, water and waste compliance assurance-monitoring activities at the facility, including DOT. Establish and maintain appropriate chemical inventory record systems to satisfy regulatory tracking requirements.
• Provide training for staff in relation to environmental, health and safety policies, practice and procedures.
• Champion and direct Growing Green efforts at the facility.
• Provide leadership and support for implementation and sustainability of the BBS process.
• Serve as Emergency Response Coordinator for the facility, assisting with the coordination of emergency services and contractors. This requires on call duty 24 hours each day.
• Professional certification is desired.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours or shifts.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills along with exceptional interpersonal skills.
major world class company
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:56:01 PDT