Undergraduate Admissions Counselor
As part of an established and successful undergraduate recruitment team, will work to promote the value of a Dominican education and recruit, evaluate, and admit first year and transfer students, both domestic and international to the University to help meet recruitment goals.
Prospective Student Counseling
- Manage student interest in assigned regional territory from inquiry to registration.
- Establish a relationship with prospective students and their families through telephone, email, Skype, and mail contact, interviews, events, etc.
- Answer questions about admissions and follow up with personal needs and matters.
- Schedule campus visits for students and families.
- Conduct admission interviews and tours, arrange for classroom visits, and give presentations to prospective students and groups.
- Visit high schools and community colleges to promote Dominican and recruit students by giving presentations, speaking with students individually, and meeting with high school and transfer counselors.
- Represent Dominican at high school college fairs and community college transfer days.
- Conduct outreach at high schools and community colleges to promote college in general by giving presentations.
- Work with high school and college counselors to update Dominican materials in office and establish a relationship so that they will refer students.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
- Extensive overnight travel may be required during the year. Most travel occurs over 2-3 months in the fall, additional travel in the spring. Evening and weekend hours will be required throughout the year.
- Review student files including transcripts, test scores, essays, applications, and letters of recommendation for evaluation purposes.
- Follow up with applicants to complete files and update necessary information.
- Assist in managing communication flow with students by preparing letters, putting packets together, reception work, data entry, tracking documents, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service with students and families, guidance counselors, staff, and faculty through email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Enter and track information in database to manage territory recruitment.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and team members to ensure clear communication within the office.
- Send weekly reports on territory and project management to supervisor to track progress throughout the year.
- Assist in coordination of recruitment events such as open houses and receptions.
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students and their families.
- Participate in and lead ongoing admissions office projects such as student ambassadors, campus events, alumni programs, publications, electronic recruitment, promotional items, etc.
- Develop and maintain appropriate manuals for program management.
- Assist in research related to domestic and international recruitment strategies and outreach planning.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Must be willing to consent to background investigation
- Must be able to rent automobiles
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in deadline and goal driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to diverse constituencies
- Proficient computer literacy
- Project and event management skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (preferred)
Additional Position Information
- Preference will be given to applications submitted by April 7, 2017; however additional application may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.