L3 Software Engineer
What does an L3 Software Engineer do?
The L3 Software Engineer works on the Customer Success engineering team alongside Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers. The person in this role will be the contact for the support team to escalate issues that cannot be resolved via log analysis and product configuration alone. This person will investigate the issue to find a fix, which may involve conducting screen shares with the customer, reviewing log files, reviewing stack traces, and analyzing and modifying source code. Once a proposed fix is determined, they will direct the rest of the Customer Success team in implementing the fix and document the discovery in a knowledge base article.
- Diagnosing the most vexing customer support requests.
- Driving LA (limited availability) product releases to resolve specific customer problems.
- Improving product development practices to reduce customer issues.
- Documenting common issues and workarounds in knowledge base articles.
- Learning details of Blue Medora products.
- Delighting customers with an enjoyable experience that solves their problem.
Success in this role requires the ability to:
- Interpret stack traces.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and modify source code.
- Determine the root cause of a product failure with limited information.
- Communicate pleasantly and specifically with customers.
- Quickly learn new technologies.
- Pay close attention to details.
- Use a variety of operating systems, including Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- Understand a breadth of IT concepts, such as databases, networking, and virtualization.
At Blue Medora we create tools for monitoring and managing enterprise hardware and applications. Our developers, QA, and IT collaborate within an Agile framework, but we're not dogmatic about it. We have venture funding, but we have personal lives, too. We also encourage and set aside time for developers to create tooling and applications to improve our workflows.
Grand Rapids, MI
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 06:46:48 PST