Biology Adjunct Instructor
Description of Position
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks several enthusiastic teachers to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. Teaching assignments are currently available for biology majors and for non-majors courses.
Job Duties include:
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
2. Maintain necessary attendance, and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress.
5. Collaborate with course lead(s), the department chair(s), and technical personnel to assure that college mandates are met, and that all sections of a given course maintain coordination with each other.
Biology Adjunct Instructor
Los Medanos College
• Master's degree in any biological science, OR
• Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND master's degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science, OR
• The equivalent
Please note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you're unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form contained in the application packet.
• A combination of education, experience, and/or teaching experience that would enable the candidate to effectively teach courses for biology non-majors, and/or biology majors.
• Excellent teaching ability
• Community college teaching experience
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively in an extraordinarily diverse community of coworkers and/or students
• An attitude that will put students and colleagues at ease, characterized by intellectual humility, kindness, acceptance of others' faults and points of view, patience, and a generosity of spirit.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete the online district application for this position, please include all requested documents.
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks enthusiastic teachers to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. Teaching assignments are currently available for biology majors and for non-majors courses.
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.