Project Manager - Furniture Dealership
Growing Baltimore, Maryland office furniture dealership, has a full-time position available for an experienced Commercial Furniture Project Manager. Pay is $45,000 - $75,000 per year depending on experience.
Job Benefits include:
- paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Must have experience overseeing all aspects of the design, sale and installation of commercial furniture projects.
- Must be able to provide supervision to multiple contractors and projects.
- Need to be able to organize meetings with new and established clients and perform sales presentations that provide clients information about dealership.
- Should be able to follow up with clients to answer questions and resolve concerns.
- Must be able to generate referrals and build personal relationships with each client by seeing that their satisfaction is met throughout entire job.
- Must have adequate customer service experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Must have valid driver's license and SS card.
- Must be able to pass a US citizenship/immigration verification.
- US Citizenship is required.
The Commercial Furniture Project Manager will work with the Project Team (consisting of Sales Staff, Designers, Customer Service Representatives and Installers). The Commercial Furniture Project Manager will supervise and coordinate all staff and activities concerned with the ordering, receiving, delivering, installing, moving and re-configuring or disposing of commercial furniture. Will have involvement in the conceptual development of a furniture project and will participate in its organization, scheduling and implementation. Candidate may also be asked to assist with keeping track of any furniture punch lists and furniture schedule deadlines. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and be able to keep track of large numbers of furniture via our furniture project management software (Team Design). Knowledge of Microsoft Project (or equivalent software) is required. Knowledge of 20-20 Giza and/or 20-20 Worksheet software is a plus. Ability to work well with people and pay attention to detail. Punctual and very organized but also very flexible and able to adapt to rapid changes. Must be a quick learner and self-starter. Must be a go-getter with the ability to manage furniture projects from proposal to order placement to order delivery and installation. Provide prompt and courteous customer service to customers via phone and/or email. Assist customers and employees with project information inquiries as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to manage multi-task assignments, work independently, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other tasks include assisting sales staff and senior management with proposal preparation and pricing.
1. Knowledge of the office furniture industry.
2. Strong leadership skills
3. Must be able to manage a team
4. Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
5. Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
6. Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
7. Approximately 2-5 years of experience in the furniture industry
8. Experience with Team Design is a strong plus
9. Experience with 20-20 Giza and/or 20-20 Worksheet software is a plus
10. Excellent customer service
11. Personable and superior communication
13. Professional and social skills
14. Well organized
15. Highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
17. Love of learning and desire to grow with company
18. Proficient with the Microsoft Office Package i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook
19. Experience with Microsoft Project software (or equivalent software) is required
20. Solid written and verbal communication skills
21. Order entry
22. Order Tracking
23. Order Scheduling
We are looking for people who:
• Know what it means to give outstanding customer service
• Have above average problem solving and communication skills
• Have a positive and outgoing personality
• Truly believe that the customer always comes first
• Must have excellent phone and communication skills and mathematical aptitude.
• Enjoy communicating by phone but can communicate just as well via email
• Thrive in a fast paced work environment
• Provide support for sales staff requests for assistance
• Data entry of client orders and other information
• Answer telephone calls, convey messages, monitor e-mail requests and follow up with customer
• Follow up on all requests from departments to expedite or correct furniture orders
• Answers routine product questions and directs questions to appropriate personnel when necessary
• Ensure the smooth flow and monitoring of the furniture project management system (Team Design)
• Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or Greater (Bachelors' Degree, BS or BA, from a four-year college is preferred)
Start date: Immediate
Please e-mail your resume and references.
Established Office Furniture Dealership in Maryland
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:07:06 PDT