Costing Supervisor- Bilingual Japanese
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
General Summary for Costing Supervisor:
The Costing Supervisor will support development of Nippon Seiki North America (NSNA) budgets and forecasts at a customer program. Work with the Business Development Group on lifetime cost management and prepare cost information for quotes. Work with each location to provide production volumes and assist where needed in development of plant labor, fixed overhead and plant SGA standards. Support implementation of a NSNA customer quoting process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for Costing Supervisor:
- Assists the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to coordinate design and develop procedure and policies for the NSNA cost accounting system in conjunction with ERP system.
- Works with each plant to set standard costs for overhead and direct labor. Work to establish consistency between the locations when setting the standards and proper utilization of the system in place.
- Works with Business Development, Engineering, NS Japan headquarter, and plant locations in developing a NSNA quoting process.
- Works with Engineering to provide meaningful reporting for internal and external Engineering cost by source. Evaluates engineering costs per hour, productivity levels and actual performance compared to the quote in conjunction with the Business Development Program Management function.
- Coordinates with Business Development Program Management function to evaluate actual program results during development and after Start of Production (SOP), compared to quotes accepted by the customer.
- Participate in continuous cost reduction (VA / VE) projects.
- Participates in the implementation of NSNA's J.D. Edwards ERP system.
- Establish and maintain internal lifetime cost management system policies, procedures, and system.
- Contribute to the forecasting and budget setting process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education and certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
Knowledge and experience:
- 5 years or more experience in cost planning and/or financial planning; tier one automotive experience preferred.
- 3 years or more experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using J. D. Edwards or another ERP system.
- Fluent in Japanese and English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Experience with an international organization; Japanese and/or Mexican experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Travel: 10% annually; domestic and international
Availability: After-hours and weekend work, as needed
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 20:33:57 PDT