Student Accounts and Loan Coordinator
Applications are being accepted for a full-time student accounts and loan coordinator. This position will perform the accounting, billing, and collection of the financial accounts and loans of current and former students, to include the following responsibilities:
- student and miscellaneous account receivable billing and invoicing;
- responds to inquiries in person, on the phone, and in writing;
- analyzes and develop procedures for timely recording of account receivables;
- reconciles student account receivables and student deposits with general ledger;
- prepares, reviews, and distributes accurate monthly student billing statements;
- reviews, posts, and reconciles financial assistance;
- communicates with, monitors, and reconciles against outside loan billing and collection agencies;
- corresponds regarding past-due student accounts;
- processes refunds, and applies charges to student and other accounts as necessary;
- supervises, trains, and jointly coordinates the scheduling of student workers within the Business Services Office;
- prepares and distributes 1098-T tax forms;
- monitors compliance with the federal loan program, including entrance and exit loan requirements;
- oversees CashNet software system for student payments and payment plans;
- assists Off-Campus Studies Office with course trip reconciliation.
This position will report directly to the Controller.
About Cornell College
Cornell College is a selective liberal arts college distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, which allows students to learn at the speed of life with more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 18 foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly renovated Thomas Commons. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of Iowa's Creative Corridor.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have strong oral and written communication skills; analytical skills to reconcile and invoice account receivables; strong computer skills in word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases; strong customer service skills, including ability to work with diverse groups of faculty, staff and students; and working knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standard office equipment. Must interact professionally and maintain strict confidentiality.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smokefree Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.