The Dental Hygienist will provide periodontal therapies (Scaling and Root Planing, placement of subgingival antimicrobials) and periodontal maintenance. Administration of local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia. Provide periodontal, hard and soft tissue assessments. Provide oral hygiene instruction. Provide chart documentation. Manage patient recall system. Participation in clinical teaching in Perio 810 course.
The person in this position will have an interest in periodontology. Observation and feedback to Dental hygiene students when providing patient care.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Standing for long periods of time.
Monday -Friday, day shift.
Attention to detail, customer service, communication, good judgment, knowledge of OSHA regulations, and dependability.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Dental Hygiene experience in a clinical education setting highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Hygienist?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience as a Dental Hygienist.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your paid employment experience as a Dental Hygienist in an institutional setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Journal of Public Health Dentistry
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter