- Work closely with electrical engineers, software engineers and project management during all aspects of new product development, from requirements definition through product release, including prototyping, design, development, evaluation, documentation, and product support.
- Individual should have knowledge of physical principles, electrical and mechanical systems, and direct experience with control systems, processor architectures, electronic interfaces, digital signal processing, and data acquisition, and possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop software requirements from system requirements
- Develop software design and code
- Develop requirements-based test procedures
- Perform technical problem resolution
- Ensure quality of the product as per delivery criteria
- Perform analysis of requirements, design and code to assure compliance to standards and guidelines.
- Review verification output across programs to ensure compliance with guidelines, procedures and customer standards
- Follow Airborne Software guidelines per DO-178
- Comply with the internal Standard Operating Procedures for the Software Design and Verification department
- Understand program milestones, schedule and risks which has potential impacts
- Develop and ensure full traceability of customer specification requirements to software code
- Participate in software certification audits
- Interface with internal/external customers
- Create procedures, automated hardware tests and/or manual validation solutions.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Experience with embedded systems using C/ C++ object-oriented embedded software development experience with a focus on system initialization and low-level code.
- VB/C# .NET, Java front-end to back-end development experience
- ARM development experience
- Demonstrable understanding of current design methodologies such as Model-View-Controller
- Experience using current source control applications such as Perforce
- Solid understanding of principles for development of mathematical models and control algorithms
- Experience developing interrupt-driven device drivers for microprocessor controlled embedded systems
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with inter-processor communications and bus networking architectures: SPI, LIN, CAN, SNMP, ARINC429 and the design and parsing of message protocols
- Must have a good understanding of electronic hardware (reading schematics and component data sheets, operating meters, oscilloscopes and emulators)
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a "U.S. Person" as defined in the ITAR, 22 CRF 120.15. A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident "Green Card holder" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a "Protected Individual" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Wavestream sets the standard in the design and manufacture of next generation high power solid state amplifiers. Wavestream family of Ka, Ku, X-band Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA) and Block Upconverters (BUC) provide systems integrators with field-proven, high performance solutions designed for mobile and fixed defense and broadcast satellite communication systems worldwide.
Wavestreams reputation for technical innovation and high standards for quality, reliability and performance has led to our continued growth and ability to offer customers leading-edge products and superior customer service to support mission-critical satellite communication systems anywhere in the world.
San Dimas, CA
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:25:49 PDT