Clinical Research Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute
Clinical Research Coordinator
Position #732286 - Requisition 08878
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Clinical Research Coordinator provides regulatory, study coordination, and data collection support for the Clinical Research Support Team (CReST). CReST is a part of Colorado Center of Translational Science Institute that provides support to clinical investigators for all activities related to the successful conduct of clinical research, from study start up through close out. This is the cornerstone for translating basic science knowledge into clinically useful treatment for patients.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
• Relays timely information to PI's, study staff, and CReST Leadership (e.g. addition of investigators, amendments, serious adverse events, consent form changes, monitoring visits, correspondence, continuing review and study termination reports).
• Reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms study eligibility.
• Conducts the informed consent process, and insures that it is properly documented.
• Recruits prospective participants and conducts data collection visits for multiple clinical studies. Familiarizes potential participants with the details of the study through phone contacts and in-personal interviews.
• Assures protocol compliance, completes necessary records. Accurately transfers source documentation into Case Report Form (CRF) within 7 working days. Reviews records after each visit for completeness and accuracy. Maintains participant. research files
• Coordinates scheduling of participant and monitoring visits.
• Recognizes adverse events and serious events and promptly notifies appropriate parties.
• Assists with processing bills and/or answering billing questions related to procedures performed for participants enrolled in clinical studies
• Participates in Data Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC), FDA, and other audits.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• May perform the following procedures (with training): A) blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and temperature measurements, b) specimen processing and shipping, c) pulse oximetry.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $41,374 - $48,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level research coordinator experience.
Clinical, research or other related experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Must be willing and able to kneel, crouch, and stoop on occasion.
- 1 or more years' experience supporting cardiology clinical trials (interventional cardiology & imaging research, electrophysiology, and heart failure).
- Experience with NIH-sponsored and industry clinical research studies, including multi-center clinical trials.
- Experience working with physicians and nurses in clinical research.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)/ICH guidelines in clinical research.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Ability to work both independently upon training and part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operationalize written protocols.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Janine Higgins at Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60120 - ADM-VCR CCTSI GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ben Echalier
Posting Contact Email: BENJAMIN.ECHALIER@UCDENVER.EDU
Position Number: 00732286