Director of Recruitment and Scholarships
The Leeds School of Business is now accepting applications for the Director of Recruitment and Scholarships. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Affairs in Leeds School of Business, this position provides leadership and supervision to multiple areas including recruitment and scholarship programs. As the Director, this position will implement and oversee recruitment, programming, travel, communication, and customer service for prospective students to Leeds School of Business. In addition, this role will liaise with the Office of Admissions and Scholarship Services to create opportunities for applicants to Leeds School of Business with the goal of matriculation and create and manage the Scholarship Programming for talented students, diverse students and Honors qualified students. This position is responsible for bringing in an increasingly competitive freshman class as defined by high school GPA and standardized test scores (ACT, SAT) and increasing the diversity of the school. The Director shall manage freshman enrollment and overall enrollment at the Leeds School of Business in conjunction with the Associate Dean.
Who we are:
Leeds has put itself on a trajectory to become one of our nation's preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is devoted to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the Leeds School of Business in generating an applicant pool and enrolling class that meets the college's strategic needs in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
- Manage one direct part-time staff and indirectly manage two staff members in their work on scholarships and recruitment
- Create a comprehensive communications strategy for prospective students, their parents, and other interested individuals to explain the admission and scholarship policies and procedures and to answer questions on academic programs and campus life within Leeds.
- Assist the Associate Dean in managing enrollment for the Leeds School of Business.
- Create college admission and scholarship standards, policies, and regulations to credentials of prospective students at all application levels.
- Lead the scholarship strategy by designing scholarships to further recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate with Development Office to raise funds for scholarships and other recruitment related programs.
- Coordinate with admission counselors and staff to assure that targeted recruitment efforts are understood and integrated into communications, events, and travel.
- Develop and execute programming and communications to focus on juniors and seniors, as well as family members.
- Manage the Leeds Ambassadors, which is a student volunteer program of academically successful current students who provide tours of Leeds, program support both within Leeds and throughout campus, and when feasible, meet with prospective students.
- Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services to create and establish scholarship policies, application, and awarding criteria.
- Coordinate with talented scholar programs like Leeds Scholars and Honors on program design and implementation. Responsible for recruiting students into these and other programs at Leeds.
- Minimal in state and out of state recruitment.
This position requires some evening and weekend commitments.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $70,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be flexible. Be collaborative. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field
- Three years of work in higher education or business recruiting, with preference given to admission, enrollment management, engagement or academic advising experience.
- Organizational and project management skills, including experience in program analysis (databases, survey instruments, other tools)
- Requires some evening and weekend commitments
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, confident and effective public speaking and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively with a diverse constituency
- Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure
- Team player
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Master's Degree in student affairs, higher education, business or related field
- Five years of work in higher education, with preference given to business recruiting, admission or enrollment management experience
- Experience in managing students and professional staff
- Experience in recruitment of business, honors/high achieving, and under-represented student populations
- Background and experience in using digital marketing strategies for recruitment
- Experience using SalesForce, Slate, or other similar tools
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 29, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: "Name - 08876".
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10255 - Leeds School of Business
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date: Mar 29, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00150070