Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Professional Research Assistant
Position #637672 - Requisition 8756
Nature of Work:
In this part-time (50% FTE) Professional Research Assistant position the primary duties will include overall project management of several concurrent research studies in collaboration with the principal investigator (PI). Depending on the specific project, day-to-day responsibilities are likely to include organizing and leading study-related meetings, coordinating with multiple remote study sites and investigators, facilitating the recruitment of participants into studies, communicating with external project funders, entering project data into various database systems for later analysis, training and overseeing research assistants (RAs), developing and maintaining study operations protocols, assisting with preparing job descriptions and hiring new staff, record-keeping, procurement, document preparation, verification and archiving of data, arranging travel and meeting space for training and research activities, and study administration activities such as planning, scheduling, and invoicing for funded projects.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Routine telephone and e-mail contact to coordinate the activities of project staff at distant sites.
- Coordinate monthly teleconference meetings with project staff at distant sites
- Coordinate travel arrangements and off-site meeting space for data collection
- In collaboration with the PI, develop and maintain study protocol operations manual
- Track recruitment and enrollment of participants in studies.
- Create invoices, budget or enrollment reports, and other reports.
- Maintain study-related documents in a way that ensures data integrity, security, and protection of participants' confidentiality.
- Enter data in various database systems for analysis.
- Prepare study data or financial reports for university or external review requests or audits.
- Provide regular reports to PI
- Attend required training
- Assist with publication and presentation efforts by the PI
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health (Biostatistics or Epidemiology), Sociology or other healthcare related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with at least one statistical analysis program: SPSS, SAS, STATA, R
- Experience with statistics or biostatistics in a healthcare, academic, or research setting. Coursework in these fields may substitute for direct experience.
- Report writing experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of databases
- Basic knowledge of data cleaning
- Ability to perform basic statistical tests
- Ability to design online surveys
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong electronic and phone communication skills
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Be willing to learn computer software programs such as SPSS, EndNote, or the REDCap system.
- HIPAA and human subjects training and other training as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8756
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00637672