Employee Benefits Coordinator
The State University of New York at Fredonia is a comprehensive, selective, public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is among the most storied in the State University of New York system and is the first in the SUNY system to be awarded the SUNY Shared Governance Award. It is home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report. As reflected by Fredonia's Carnegie Foundation's Community Engagement Elective Classification, the university facilitates and supports university-community collaborations that enhance the intellectual, cultural, artistic, and economic vibrancy of the region.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and success. Fredonia is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students, utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual experiences, will be:
- Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and Knowledge),
- Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global Citizenship),
- Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
- Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and Professionalism).
Read a message from State University of New York at Fredonia's President.
The State University of New York at Fredonia invites applications for a 12-month, term-appointed (tenure-track) Benefits Coordinator (Instructional Support Associate, SL2) beginning May15, 2017. The successful candidate will provide service in the areas of benefits administration, FMLA & ADA Administration, and part-time employee transaction processing.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Employee Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Provide full-scope benefit administration including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plans, supplemental retirement plans, etc. for UUP-represented and Management Confidential employees. This detail-oriented and time-sensitive task entails providing group and one-on-one consultations for new hires and pending retirees, coordinating form completion, processing and follow-up, responding to calls, emails and faxes from employees, coordinating retirement vendor presentations, participating in New Hire Orientation and other employee benefit information sessions, and NYBEAS transaction entry and reconciliation;
- Assist in managing Fredonia's Phased Retirement Program including responding to questions, providing cogent feedback and responses to individualized questions, and paperwork completion.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) & American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) Administration:
- Meet with employees one-on-one regarding FMLA leave and ADA needs. This requires confidentiality and constant, ongoing interaction with employees, their supervisors, the employee's health care provider, and Payroll;
- Serve as contact person for the campus-wide roll out and compliance with Fredonia's ADA Policy and Procedures;
- Administer FMLA leave & ADA paperwork; and
- Stay current on FMLA & ADA regulations.
Part-Time Employment Transaction Processing:
- Process all Change of Status (Personnel Action) forms for Adjunct Lecturers and part-time professionals; and
- Maintain open communication with HR colleagues, Budget and Payroll Offices to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession; and
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education by the time of appointment;
- At least one year experience in Human Resources;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, and staff;
- The ability to multitask, meet goals and deadlines; and
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission.
- Working knowledge of HR information systems;
- Two or more years experience working in Human Resources;
- At least one year experience working in Human Resources in a college setting;
- Two or more years HR benefits experience;
- Familiarity with administration of both FMLA and ADA rules and regulations and case management;
- Familiarity with NYS benefit administration;
- Commitment to working collegially and collaboratively to support a team-focused environment and HR's Mission; and
- Ability to travel.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Complete applications received by April 4, 2017 will be given full consideration. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application.
- Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.