EOC Enrollment Coordinator
The Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) was established in 1966 by the State University of New York (SUNY) as the Urban Center in Manhattan, as a result of an act of the New York State Legislature. The MEOC has been funded by the State University of New York University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (SUNY-UCAWD) and administered by Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) of the City University of New York during its entire history.
For 50 years, the MEOC has provided a variety of educational and training services to all eligible candidates without discrimination. We encourage all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, those that may be differently abled and veterans to apply.
Reporting directly to Director of Student Affairs, the Coordinator for Enrollment is a key member of the Office of Student Affairs providing admissions and recruitment services, academic, career, employment advising services and college connection initiatives that support all adult learners as they progress through the program.
Primary duties include coordination of all recruitment efforts - including on-campus and off-campus admissions information sessions; processing of admissions inquiries; maintenance of prospective learner relationships, and conversion of prospective inquiries into application and enrollment.
- Assist in collaboration with management team in implementation of recruitment, admission and enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participates in planning enrollment events.
- Assist in the co-management of the Recruitment and Admissions Services as well as MEOC Admissions Application System (BANNER).
- Work closely with the various offices including Marketing Representative, Specialist for Admissions Operations, Office of Operations and Office of Academic Affairs plan, schedule and implement prospective learner outreach efforts.
- Provide daily staff supervision and periodic staff performance evaluations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Director of Student Affairs.
Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous higher education and/or adult education experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work with people from a wide variety of socio- economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students and staff.
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds, economically underserved and under-privileged environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain accurate, detailed and confidential records of adult learners.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment; ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong supervision, organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Flexible work schedule able to work some nights and/or weekends to ensure full office coverage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Office and database software.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports student enrollment activities and processing in an Educational Opportunity Center program.
- Provides direct student services and works collaboratively with other units to support registration, payment, and related activities
- Interprets and communicates policies and procedures related to registration, student records, and related issues.
- Prepares reports and surveys based on enrollment data
- Counsels students, staff and faculty on academic registration, admissions, and related activities
- Manages student information databases and resolves issues with student records and transactions
- Ensures compliance with college, Federal, and New York State regulations and policies
- May supervise clerical and/or part-time staff and coordinate work schedules
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EOC Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $39,282 - $53,758
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
April 19, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: EOC Enrollment Coordinator
Job ID: 16488
Full/Part Time: Full-Time