Under the coordination of the Director of University Admissions, the Admissions Recruiter is responsible for performing basic professional functions using policies, procedures, precedents and guidelines; does related work as required. The position will have a focus on monitoring prospects and establishing strong relationships with High School guidance counselors. With a particular focus on out-of-state recruitment, the Admissions Recruiter:
- Organizes recruitment events including campus tours and information sessions. Consults with the supervisor concerning progress on assignments and how to resolve problems
- Establishes liaison and coordinates activities with other staff or organizations that relate to or impact on assigned responsibilities
- May serve on standing and ad hoc committees
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Prepares correspondence in the course of official duties
- Maintains essential records and admissions files
- Assist the Associate Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Manage campus visit inquiries received from prospective students software platforms
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of all students who work with the Admissions Office – including general office help and University Ambassadors
- Run PeopleSoft reports on an adhoc basis
- Advise potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures
Educational and Work Experience:
The position of Admissions Recruiter requires a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in higher education admissions. The successful candidate must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of hire.
The Admissions Recruiter position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrable customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrate an ability to deal effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds including community leaders, as well as members of the campus community
- Proficiency with computer technology including Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and enrollment/CRM applications.
Cut off-Date For Filing Applications: 4/16/17
PRIOR APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY START DATE IS JULY 1, 2017
Apply for Admissions Recruiter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly