Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Microfluidics Diagnostics
Open February 27th, 2017 through June 30th, 2017
A Postdoctoral position is available at the Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of California, Irvine, to develop microfluidics-based single-cell technologies for immune agent screening and development. Individuals with experience in microfluidics, especially droplet or microwell-based systems, microfabrication, optics, single-cell technology, antibody screening, Car-T technologies and sequencing techniques are particularly encouraged to apply. This position is in the lab of Dr. Weian Zhao (http://faculty.sites.uci.edu/zhaolab/), located in the Stem Cell Center, which is a state-of-the-art facility. Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary and collaborative team working with biologists and clinicians to develop next generation tools to address unmet challenges in disease diagnosis and treatment. Successful candidates will enjoy both cutting-edge research and beautiful southern California.
This position is full-time and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Requirements - Highly motivated candidate with a recent Ph.D. (or equivalent) in biomedical engineering, materials science, chemistry (or a related field) with experience in microfluidics, single-cell analysis, antibody screening, Car-T technologies and sequencing techniques.
Application Procedures -
1) Submit a CV, names of three references, and a diversity statement which addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equality and inclusion via UC Irvine's online application system, RECRUIT, located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03879
2) Submit a CV and names of three references to Dr. Weian Zhao via e-mail to email@example.com
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now