Assistant Director of Facilities - Veterinary Medicine Administration, College of Veterinary Medici
College of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Medicine Administration
Assistant Director of Facilities
The College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking an Assistant Director of Facilities to manage maintenance, safety and security with an additional focus on renovations and special projects within the College of Veterinary Medicine.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage renovation and construction projects as assigned.
- Manage the maintenance, daily operation, and security of the grounds, facilities and equipment.
- Recommend to the Director of Facilities, improvements to facilities and grounds to enhance operation or security by participating in ongoing risk assessments.
- Assist the Director in development of budgets for facility activities, and grounds to enhance operation or security by participating in ongoing risk assessments.
- Provide information to coordinate activities with the Assistant Facilities Managers, Equipment Specialist, Director of Facilities, Assistant Dean of Administrative Services and the Dean of the College.
- Support the mission of the College through an understanding of facility needs in all facets of a veterinary healthcare environment including medical device management, infection control standards, and surgical services' needs. Direct maintenance needs of special medial/laboratory equipment.
- Support the College administration in the management of keys.
- Manage the card access system.
- In the absence of the Director of Facilities, coordinate the efforts of the Assistant Facility Manager(s) in the completion of inventory of moveable equipment including coordinating and reporting removal, surplus and disposal activities.
- Attend training related to campus security. Be available as contact person in case of emergency calls.
- Arrange facilities for approved events or meetings as needed.
- Manage the maintenance of the "panic alarm pendant" system.
- Develop and manage the information sets of College facility systems. These information se4ts include facility drawings, distribution diagrams of critical systems (HVAC, Electrical, Medical Gasses etc.), and specific equipment records. Provide, as needed, to Contractors and F&S.
- Assist with space allocation drawing, provided by F&S, by supporting inventory of current use, audits, and making recommendations for future changes.
- Participate on assigned teams/committees with faculty, staff, at the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) and on a campus level to support goals and areas for improvement at CVM and the University of Illinois.
- Represent the College in a positive manner in all interactions with the public, outside vendors, contractors and University staff, thus minimizing conflict and disruptions to operations.
- Supervise and provide direction to all other facility support staff and oversee day-to-day operations and projects in the absence of the Director
Candidates must possess a BS in Engineering, Construction, Business or a related field. A minimum of 2 years' experience in facilities management, interpreting blueprints/technical specifications and facility support is required. Knowledge of large building utility systems including steam and chilled water distribution, ventilation, and electrical systems with emergency power is preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: This is a regular, full-time (100%) academic professional position (12 month, non-tenure tract).
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: At the conclusion of the search.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 31, 2017. The review of applications will begin immediately. Interviews may occur prior to March 31, 2017; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date, and consideration will continue until suitable candidates are identified for the position. Interested applicants are invited to apply online at http://go.illinois.edu/Asst_Dir_Fac. Applications should include a cover letter stating career goals and interests, curriculum vitae, and names including contact information for three or more references.
Questions should be directed to:
College of Veterinary Medicine
2001 S. Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Vet Medicine Administration
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/16/2017
Close Date: 03/31/2017