PDM CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Duties: Serve as chief financial officer for all of Penn Dental Medicine (PDM), including academic and administrative departments, School Clinics, and Faculty Practices. Hold senior managerial and fiduciary responsibilities for PDM, in addition to University and School policy, in all financial matters, with overall responsibility to ensure short- and long-term financial health of PDM. Oversee and direct departments of Fiscal Operations, Patient Revenue, Information Technology, and Development & Alumni Relations and teams for Grants Management and Financial Analysis; provide primary financial support for capital planning and procurement strategy. Set financial strategy to resource short-term goals and long-term mission; set policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and compliant business operations. Position reports to Dean.
Qualifications: A Master's Degree is required and 7 years to 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Understanding of GAAP and RCM in the context of higher education
* Advanced skills in data analysis and financial strategy
* Understanding of the political nature of cash flow and resource allocation in the context of higher education
* Management a P&L with complex underlying economic relationships and assessment of financial risks and opportunities
* Advanced skills in team leadership, influence management, and project management
* Extensive experience in leading a diverse team of front-line employees, mid-level professionals, and staff directors
* Experience leading those who will handle accounting operations, business administration, budget management, grants management, revenue operations, financial reporting, internal auditing, information technology, systems & support, application development, data architecture, and business intelligence
* Ability to lead business transformation, capital budgeting, decision support, and procurement strategy
* Familiarity with how to use BEN Financials, Hyperion/Smartview, and Business Objects
* Proven track record in hiring and managing talent
* Proven track record in creating clear priorities and ensuring excellent execution of said priorities
* Ability to work diplomatically with all levels of School and University leadership and with internal and external vendors and to engage stakeholders among student, alumni, staff, faculty, community, government, etc. populations
* Passion for the mission of educating future dental leadership, providing excellent clinical care to diverse populations, and creating cutting-edge research in oral health.
* Understanding of the economics of resourcing instruction, research, service, administration, and clinical care
* Proven track record of creating, managing, and sustaining mission-centric change
* Capacity to create compelling strategy from pervasive ambiguity in ever-changing internal and external environments
Reference Number: 51-25283
Salary Grade: 031
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SDM Deans Office
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration