Graduate Assistant (Clinic)
Graduate Assistant (Clinic)
Position Number: 53004042
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is accepting application for a Graduate Assistant in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling department. The Graduate Assistant will assist faculty and manage the front desk area. The prospective candidate must be a second year CMHC student. The duration of position is approximately 14 weeks. This is an hourly paid position plus a tuition waiver
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Graduate Assistant will:
- Perform clerical and administrative duties: scan, fax, copy etc.
- Assist with literature searches for faculty
- Communicate with the public about the program
- Attend Graduate Student meetings and assist with graduate Student Senate (GSS) budget tracking
- Assist faculty with events
- Attend graduate School Fair
- Assist with planning and coordinating of department social events
- Assist faculty with administrative duties related to accreditation and program assessment
- Support department Staff Associate as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
- Some office experience
- Some Social Media experience (Facebook and LinkedIn)
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in MS in Counseling
- Completed first year of course work
- BS Degree Required
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.