CLB Project Manager
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Medicine,
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine
CLB Project Manager
Position #732218 - Requisition 08827
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) CLB Project Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine in conjunction with the University of Colorado Hospital seeks an experienced Project Manager to work in translational research with the Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine in the Center for Lungs and Breathing at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. This position will run, administer, and organize all project activities related to the Center for Lungs and Breathing, aiming at the flawless execution of the Translational Research programs. This will include program development, marketing, outreach, and business planning.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manage activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Liaise with Principal Investigators to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Make certain that physicians and patient needs are met as the project(s) evolve
- Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget
- Monitor and track project's progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants
- Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans, and money spent
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Develop project scope, deliverables, and plan in alignment with project objectives
- Manage project implementation to achieve project goals while controlling resources, risks, conflicts, timelines, and costs
- Identify, secure, and manage the resources necessary for project success
- Facilitate conflict resolution
- Process study subject payments
- Track project financials
- COMIRB application and renewals
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $41,374 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration business administration, biosciences, statistics, or a directly related science field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience working with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 20 Ibs. on occasion
- Must be willing and able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be willing and able to crouch, kneel, and stoop on occasion
- Previous Experience in Academic or Medical setting preferred
- Experience in Research Project Management
- 1+ year of experience working with clinical trials
- Experience with COMIRB protocols
- Experience with the administration of clinical trials
- Experience with proposals and budgets
- Experience with legal paperwork and contracts
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Knowledge of basic project management tools and techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring all details are being covered
- Within the scope of job, critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking stills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Leigh Kerwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by April 7, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 7, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732218