Accounting Business Unit Controller
Enter job description
Join a growing lean manufacturer of specialty coatings, cleaners, and lubricants in suburban Lancaster County. Our growth and personal rewards are built upon the skills, innovation, and dedication of a team driven to perform with passion and excellence.
In this position you will manage multiple daily tasks for the Accounting team that include Financial Analysis of our Retail and Business to Business cost centers. Job activities include the preparation of Financial Statements and Account Reconciliation with a directive to improve performance and cost initiatives.
The typical profile for this level would be an individual with a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. A minimum 5 - 8 years of years of documented achievements is preferred, however, individuals with lesser experience may also fit. BA/BS degree in an Accounting track would be a preference. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in a timeline-driven environment. In addition, a skillset that would include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and JD Edwards software is a strong requirement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurate entry or review of invoices and statements into JD Edwards.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely monthly financial statements.
- Conduct proper analysis of General Ledger accounts and Financial Statements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and reporting.
- Provide recommendations for cost improvement with the organization.
- Work closely with various departments within the company to provide understanding of financial initiatives including financial forecasts and report variances.
- Post-analysis review and storage of completed documentation.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Assist in business acquisition analysis and ROI.
- JDE Training and Process improvements specifically in the area of financial reporting.
- Manage a wide-ranging Account reconciliation portfolio which would increase overall Financial activity for the organization.
- Work closely with outside Accountants and Insurance entities by provided needed data and analysis monthly and at year-end.
- Other activities as directed by the Director of Finance.
Stoner Inc. is a local Manufacturer of Cleaners, Lubricants and Coatings located in Quarryville, PA. Our organization is an award winning (Malcolm Baldrige, PA Best Places to Work), established (1941), and family run operation.
Sat, 18 Feb 2017 12:33:45 PST