Laboratory Coordinator I
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Laboratory Coordinator I
Position #1382 - Requisition 08889
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Laboratory Coordinator I position is to assist in the management of the Simulation Clinic and Technique Laboratory in support of the student users of these facilities. This position will troubleshoot lab equipment and instructional technology equipment in these facilities, order supplies, stock and maintain inventory of disposable and durable items, interacting with outside vendors regarding purchase and refurbishment of items in the program. This position will also issue, replace, and collect materials and instruments to/from students as needed using automated dispensary and inventory control procedures. In addition, this position will develop strategies to assure student participation with maintaining a clean and organized working environment, assist in the management of School of Dental Medicine Instrument Lease program, maintain and expand program duties to include the inventory, distribution, monitoring of instruments utilized by students in the clinic, simulation clinic and technique lab areas of the school.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist in the management of the Simulation Clinic and Technique Lab by assisting the undergraduate and international students in all areas of the lab.
- Oversee the students that are using the lab equipment, instruments and materials properly.
- Will be a resource when students have questions regarding dental lab procedures.
- Draft procedure manuals for use by the students when using the Simulation Clinic and Technique Lab.
- Monitor students who are lab monitors working in the Simulation clinic and Technique Lab.
- Assist in the management of the School of Dental Medicine Instrument Lease program.
- Assist in maintaining and expansion of program duties to include the inventory, distribution, monitoring of instruments utilized by students in the clinic, simulation clinic and technique lab areas of the school.
- Monitor the receipt and unpacking of shipments, correctness of orders, maintaining of inventory and shelf life of all instruments.
- Interact with outside vendors regarding purchase and refurbishment of items in the program.
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment by monitoring lab for equipment failure or problems, diagnosing problem areas and contacting the appropriate staff, vendor or campus dept. to replace or repair.
- Follow proper techniques and safety precautions.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,614 - $3,985 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at .
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Two (2) years of laboratory experience working in a dental laboratory or office. Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: * Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion. * Must be willing and able to reach, crouch, and stoop on a frequent basis. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Experience cleaning and maintaining laboratories and lab equipment. * Experience utilizing electronic software, such as MS Word and Excel, to develop, edit and update reports. * Experience purchasing, tracking and maintaining lab supplies and equipment * Experience providing assistance to lab staff, faculty and students within a higher education and/or medical education environment. COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * Knowledge of current dental materials, tools and instruments. * Exceptional time management skills. * Ability to multi-task and manage multiple work requests. * Excellent customer service skills. * Excellent Written and Verbal Communication * Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues. * Ability to work independently and as part of a team.