Sr. Software Engineer
Explore and leverage your career with one of the world's foremost leaders in diverse robotics - from consumer, telepresence, and international defense and security, we are constantly creating robotic products that improve, impact, and change lives.
As a Software Engineer at iRobot, you will be developing software for use in a variety of autonomous robotic systems. Working on a cross functional product development team, your primary responsibilities will be the design, implementation, and test of embedded software for consumer robots.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Design, implement, and test embedded software for use in a variety of mobile robot platforms.
- Pro-actively write software documentation.
- Participate in and drive code reviews.
- Actively participate in daily or weekly team meetings.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with Embedded Linux.
- Strong understanding of C/C++ programming language fundamentals.
- Knowledge of design patterns and data structures.
- Capable of solving complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Proactive, self-directing, and good at estimating own work.
- Track record of performing at a high level, delivering robust solutions on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to explain and defend own work.
- Experience with Mobile App Development as a hobby would be helpful in this role
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience interfacing with various hardware peripherals, e.g. SPI, I2C, USB, etc.
- Knowledge of Lisp is a plus.
- Comfortable with scripting languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Sat, 25 Feb 2017 08:14:47 PST