Senior Payroll Coordinator
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Leads and distributes work to Payroll Practitioners to successfully complete the full Payroll cycle to include data entry, auditing of data, processing of bi-weekly payroll, and check distribution.
2. Responsible for overseeing the performance of Payroll Practitioners, issuing disciplinary action as needed.
3. Makes recommendations on hiring and terminations of Payroll Practitioners.
4. Coaches Payroll Practitioners on efficient maintenance of payroll and timekeeping data on an ongoing basis.
5. Responsible for the management of and compliance with garnishment and payroll laws.
6. Creates the plan to complete the end-of-quarter and year-end closing of Payroll information for IRS reporting.
7. Provides guidance and assistance to operations and management staff on payroll practices in line with Company policies and federal/state law.
8. Creates and implements policies and procedures on payroll processing.
9. Troubleshoots and resolves complex payroll system issues.
10. Posts payroll data and prepares routine and complex reports as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
11. Prepares and reviews retirement plan deductions and loan repayments; ensures items are properly reported to the plan administrators.
12. Assists with the processing of on-demand checks.
13. Completes and allocates non-refundable deductions for the organization.
14. Serves as a liaison with federal and state tax agencies and completes federal and/or state levy documentation, tip program changes, and tip program agreements.
15. Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
16. Performs all other work related duties assigned by the Payroll Manager.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee's normal line of work.
Work Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Payroll processing and administration, with some supervisory experience.
- Experience with in-house Payroll departments strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have proven leadership and coaching/development experience.
- Prior experience with payroll systems and tip-related reporting preferred.
- Proven experience in partnering with management staff.
WHERE THE WORLD COMES TO PLAY
The Commerce Hotel & Casino is located in Los Angeles by the Citadel Outlets and offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 14:21:57 PDT