Residence Life Scholar - Roer's Hall Women's Residence
Residence Life Scholar Roer's Hall Women's Residence
The University of Mary is accepting applications to fill 2 Residence Life Scholar positions to be located in Roer's Hall. New in the fall of 2016, Roers Hall is a beautiful new 280 bed student residence that serves as the home for the university's freshmen women and the Saint Scholastica vocational discernment learning community.
The Residence Life Scholar is a unique position that unites the duties of the Resident Director with teaching and scholarly activities as a Catholic Studies Fellow, thereby aiding the proper integration of student life inside and outside of the classroom. Residing in an apartment located within the residence hall, the Residence Life Scholar (RLS) provides dynamic leadership for development and successful implementation of a unique residence life program designed to address the formative needs of freshman women as a part of the University of Mary’s Education for Life student experience. As servant leader, professor and mentor, the RLS actively engages the residents in building a student community within the residence hall marked with the good zeal that Saint Benedict tells us will be created within a community where members are committed to be the first to show respect to the other. As part of the university’s first-year experience, the RLS works in close collaboration with other departments and programs at the university, notably with the Catholic Studies department where s/he will be take on certain teaching responsibilities, to maintain a culture within the residence hall that is welcoming for new students to the university, that is supportive of the intellectual mission of the university, and that provides encouragement and support for residents to form friendships, to learn (in and outside the classroom), to grow in one’s faith, to avoid negative and destructive activities, to become involved in campus life, and to serve others
A doctoral degree or ABD in Theology, Philosophy, Literature, History, Art History, or related field is required. Preference will also be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of residence life experience in a college/university setting or two years of experience serving as a mentor in a formative program designed for young adult males.
Required qualifications include:
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in Residence Life and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- The ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the formative developmental needs of freshmen women and how these needs can be addressed through residence life programming within the context of the University of Mary's Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine identity and mission
- The ability to serve as an effective leader, role model, and mentor
- The ability to communicate effectively, to prepare professional reports and documentation, and make professional presentations using computers, projectors, and other electronic tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications
- The ability to recruit, train, direct, and supervise student employees
Additional positing information is available at www.umary.edu/jobs. Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Residence Life Scholar - Roer's Hall Women's Residence
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly