GXM is seeking a UI/UX Designer to work as part of a team on a dynamic and exciting project for the US Government. The ideal candidate will have a true passion for visualization design and development and be thoroughly familiar with the entire software delivery lifecycle, ability to work in fast paced and dynamic environment and be a valuable contributor to the team.
The ideal candidate will have a Top Secret clearance, a minimum of 5 years of experience and a passion for designing contextual interfaces which are based on helping meet the user needs.
- Strong design, product, and partnership capability. Ability to design elegant and scalable user interfaces that interact with big data.
- Demonstrates artifacts of complex and creative UX, and solid information architecture.
- Ability to prototype interactive concepts.
- Can approach problems at the levels of UI/interaction, flow, IA, and service design.
- Has an established, repeatable process for solving problems.
- Defines new UX patterns that are extensible, and documents those new patterns for the team.
- Knows how to use data and experimentation to back up their designs. Can identify the best method to test design decisions, and runs those tests independently whenever possible.
- Thinks strategically about how to roll designs out as smaller pieces to validate assumptions.
- Advocates for the user. Encourages conversations about personas, tasks, and goals throughout the design process. Can lead productive discussions about trade-offs and constraints (user needs vs. business goals vs. engineering constraints), and demonstrates ability to resolve competing priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Understanding and knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms and architectures
- Knowledge of industry-standard graphic design software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A degree in User-centered Design, Informatics, Industrial Design, or other relevant field is preferred.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Experience with Agile development and scrum methodology
**US Citizenship Required**
**Top Secret Clearance Required**
GXM is a rapidly growing, cutting edge technology company.
GXM delivers innovative technical solutions that transform organizational operations. GXM focuses on developing low cost, high value technical capabilities that enhance its customer's capabilities.
GXM applies its management, software development and systems engineering expertise to enable customers to leverage innovative technology to change the way they operate.
GXM prides itself on hiring cutting edge, creative and resourceful technologists. Our team provides the right mix of senior experienced leadership combined with creative, enthusiastic junior developers.
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 04:46:39 PST