Sr. IT Security Engineer - Houston, TX (6 figure salary+bonus)
Senior Security Engineer (REQ 999)
The Senior Security Engineer is a member of the information security team, with an advanced level of competency, focusing on information security governance to develop, review, and oversee the implementation of security requirements and best practices throughout the computing environments. The Senior Security Engineer works closely with others to develop, implement, review, and monitor a comprehensive information security program. This includes a wide range of technical responsibilities where you will apply your technology and information security experience to critical business initiatives and projects. The Senior Security Engineer works with the IT team, and others, to review, select, configure, and deploy technical controls in order to meet specific security requirements, and defines processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained.
- Evaluates risk, assesses controls, and identifies improvements to mitigate risk.
- Conducts technology and system assessments, provides technical consultation and ensures system security functionality.
- Conducts regular internal compliance audits to evaluate the company's adherence to regulations, as well as compliance with company directives, standards, and procedures.
- Works with others to improve the firms security posture.
- Maintain detailed awareness of regulatory requirements relating to software development, data loss prevention, and infrastructure management.
- Ensure availability/coverage of critical systems/agents.
- Participate in security incident investigations and prepare reports documenting the findings.
- Improve security infrastructure and reporting, and influence security architecture.
- Create visual presentations that clearly communicate key messages to technical and non-technical employees alike.
- Demonstrate outstanding teamwork skills.
- Research, identify and implement security solutions as well as perform computer and network security vulnerability assessments and scans to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Review log files across Endpoints.
- Monitor and maintain security systems in accordance with corporate policies.
- Evaluate and correct corporate security violations and breaches and report such violations as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related scientific of technical discipline required or demonstrated ability to meet the position requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience with at least one certification.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP), or other security certifications a plus. Global Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP) is desired.
- 10+ years of extensive hands on experience in Information Technology and 5+ years of experience in IT Security.
- Advanced technical background and able to understand network, operating system, database, and application development design and support.
- Advanced knowledge of security technologies such as vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, log monitoring, endpoint protection, and forensic analysis.
- Advanced communication, documentation, prioritization and change management skills.
- Displays an ability to effectively communicate security exposures, misuse, and noncompliance situations to appropriate technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience conducting security assessment or working in vulnerability management.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Experience with one or more of the following or similar products: Nexpose/Rapid7, CyberArk, Proofpoint, SourceFire, endpoint protection & malware detection (Carbon Black/Bit9/FireAMP), Quest, TrendMicro, Cisco and/or Palo Alto IDS/IPS/Firewalls.
- Experience producing technical documentation, spreadsheet reports, and visual presentations.
- Knowledge of LANs, WANs, SANs, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems, Linux operating systems, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL, and the management of firewall technology.
- Strong working knowledge of security related standards/regulations/control frameworks such as NIST, SOX, ISO2700X, COBIT, and/or PCI DDS.
- Has fundamental level awareness and knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and/or Distributed Control Systems (DCS) environments and supporting and defending these environments to keep them safe, secure, and resilient against current and emerging cyber threats.
Agile Premier is a privately-owned recruiting firm that specializes in Information Technology recruiting. The company is headquartered in Addison, TX (Dallas suburb) and has an additional office in Fort Worth, TX. Agile Premier is the market leader for placing key contributors and leaders within the software development life cycle, business intelligence solutions, data management, systems and network engineering, ERP, and content management / team collaboration space.
Agile Premier's internal team consists of the top performing recruiters in the industry who focus solely on building long-term relationships with Information Technology professionals. Our recruiting specialties include but are not limited to .NET, PHP, SharePoint, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, SSIS/Informatica, Cisco, Java, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle/SQL Server database, and much more.
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 09:39:10 PDT